Project Brainstrom

Project Brainstorm

  Ganesha (Wikimedia Commons)  

Lord Nataraja – Dancing Lord Shiva

As a dancer myself, I was interested in learning more about Lord Shiva in his form of Nataraja. I am hoping to incorporate a storybook behind the meaning of each element within the deity itself.  I would like to start off with the smaller elements contained within the statue and sum it up with the big arch surrounding Nataraja to create the big picture.

Aldous Huxley Describes the Dancing Shiva Image - YouTube

Lord Ganesha’s Storybook

I loved the layout of this storybook and wanted to incorporate a bit of the chronological elements into my storybook as well. I appreciated the idea of introducing each character and building a connection between each one of them. I am fascinated by Ganesha and want to really focus in on his journey of how he became Lord Ganesha.

Tales Of Shiva - Shiva's Most Wise Child (google.com)

Lord Rama

I find the story of Lord Rama and Sita to be much like The Lion King. After watching the video on this topic, I decided to incorporate a bit of Lord Rama’s story to that of Simba. As there was a villain for Simba – Mufasa, and for Rama – his brother. I would like to begin the story from his birth all the way till the time he reaches the throne.

Rama and the Ramayana: Crash Course World Mythology #27 - YouTube

Lord Krishna

Miracles of Lord Krishna | Janmashtami Special | Epified - YouTube

I am planning to the tie in the story of Lord Krishna to that of Finding Nemo. I would begin by discussing about how Lord Krishna’s, mother’s brother, was not letting her have a child as he feared something bad would happen to him – just like in Finding Nemo – only his egg survived the attack in the reef. I would like to tie in the theme of karma as well in the story.

Comments

Popular Posts