Comment Wall

 Comment Wall


Comments

  1. Hello Aarushi, what a vibrant concept for your storybook! You write with such an upbeat, excited tone to your writing, it really pulls a reader into the story until the very end. I think it was also very smart of you to pluck an Indian mythology figure from the ancient context of his tales and thrust him into the quarantine lifestyle we all know too well. Ganesha’s exuberance as a character makes him easy to understand and gives a breath of fresh air to the frankly stifling reality we’re living in right now. I’m also tickled by the blog-ception of having a blog for this class, and using this class project to write a blog through the personality of Ganesha. There was a small error I noticed in the second sentence of your third paragraph: it reads “to” when I think you meant to write “too.” Besides that one correction, I think your introduction is a solid start to your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aarushi! I read over the Introduction for your project, and it’s a really interesting approach. I enjoyed the style of writing for the introduction; the energy and excitement felt very characteristic of Ganesha, and it also contextualized who Ganesha is. By including details of his origin and his feats, it makes the topic a lot more approachable as it reminds the readers of important aspects of Ganesha. For example, the moon being only a full moon once a month hits at one of the stories with Ganesha while also demonstrating his mischievous nature. I also like how Ganesha is currently in quarantine; it’s definitely relevant and makes it a lot more impactful to read. It also provides for a lot of creative liberty to take all the different stories in new directions. Finally, I really like the image included in the introduction. It’s style reminds us of how ancient Ganesha is, yet how approachable he is as a character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Aarushi. I just finished reading your introduction and first story. What I liked about the introduction was it was very relatable to what people have been experiencing this last year. I also really liked the tone of the introduction and the story. I liked how your story took a very serious topic and made it very playful. I also liked how the story feels like a conversation between the reader and Ganesha. It makes Ganesha feel very friendly and it does a good job explaining Ganesha's personality. I also like the way Ganesha talks about his family. For example, he does not have any hard feelings towards his father for cutting off his head, but instead he knows that it was a mistake and forgives him anyways. I also think that is funny that Ganesha is competitive with his brother but in a friendly way, because it reminds me of how my brother and I were when we were younger. Overall a good story and I look forward to reading your other stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Aarushi!
    Firstly, I liked the font you chose for the introduction and I was intrigued by the imagery as well. You did a good job at providing sources and the authors note gave me necessary information to understand the story you post because I usually read those first. I think you did a really good job with your story but I would proofread and spell check because I did some grammatical and spelling wrrors but overall I think you put a lit of thought into your works na the length seemed good as well! I think the introduction was sufficient and you don't need to add more to it. I also really like your writing style for the story and wish you good luck as you continue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aarushi,
    I absolutely love the concept of your storybook. Ganesha is one of the main gods that I pray to, and I always love reading about his stories and his importance. I loved how you were creative with telling his stories in his point of view, making it into a "quarantine" journal type page. The creativity adds an important element into telling already existing stories. From the first story you have so far, it was very easy to follow. I never really knew how Ganesha got his elephant head, so it was actually very interesting to read, and I learned something new! You really captured Ganesha's personality with your writing style, as I sometimes talk to him about my problems like he is a friend. I throughly enjoyed reading your introduction and the first story, and I look forward to reading the rest of Ganesha's quarantine journal. Great work and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Aarushi!

    Your introduction was perfect. I loved how it was from Ganesha’s perspective. In all honesty, I have never read a more accurate depiction of what the pandemic has felt like. I really enjoyed the way you decided to tell the brief summaries of the stories you will later tell without giving away too much. I like that Ganesha still has that sense of childness in him. The way Ganesha said, “yeah, shocking, I know, and It was me…. shhhh. I had to teach the moon a lesson for being rude to me.” was very playful and sweet. One can sense that Ganesha probably caused a lot of mischief whenever he was younger. I love how down to earth your storytelling is. I love that you add so many little commentaries coming from Ganesha. It is almost like you can talk to him about any problems you are having. I feel like he is my friend. It makes the story more entertaining and livelier. You have done an amazing job and there are not really any suggestions that I have for you. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Aarushi! I absolutely love the idea of following Ganesha through his experience in quarantine. There are so many interesting concepts that I can think of- so many cool stories to write! One that I think might be especially interesting would be how a deity deals with the concept of a virus. How does religion fit within and how does it deal with modern medicine and the issues presented there? One think that I might try to pay attention to within your writing is the use of exclamation points. I think that they definitely have a place in good writing, but there are some times when you end two or three consecutive sentences with exclamation points, and it means that they actually carry less weight when you use them. Sometimes, ending an exclamatory sentence with a period is actually more interesting, because you can make the tone of the sentence completely different!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your storybook on Ganesha in quarantine! I was excited to read the birth story from Ganesha's point of view. I like the tone you've set for Ganesha in telling his own story - I feel like you've really given the character his own voice. You've also selected some great images to go along with each of your pages. I can't wait to see what else you will do with this storybook. I'm intrigued to see how deity will deal with our modern day pandemic. Your intro sets you up to start dabbling in some modern day tales or incorporate the 'rona so well done there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Aarushi!
    I love your storybook idea and I found that it was so fun to read!
    One thing that I really enjoy about your story book is how you incorporated in the pandemic that we are all going through today. I think that it adds a good connection between us and Ganesha! I also really enjoyed your writing format and style. Using an almost diary like, first person narrative helps us to better understand the thoughts and feelings of Ganesha. One thing that I think you could add is just a few more details referring to the pandemic. in your first story you only mention it at the bottom but you might try throwing in a little more in the middle of the story to really bring your theme all together. Overall it was a great read! I am so looking forward to reading more in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Aarushi,
    I enjoyed reading your introduction. It is so lively and upbeat! I found myself smiling and being happy to read your story. Also, I love the photo you chose. The colors are captivating and it is a beautiful picture. I like how you are having the characters living in quarantine. It makes the story more relatable. You also have your character wearing a mask on his trunk. I have to admit, that made me giggle. What made you decide to have your characters living during quarantine? I think that is a wonderful idea. Reading Ganesha's story from his point of view was enjoyable. I know having your head cut off by your father is a sad situation but you made it fun with his reaction to it. I could picture him shaking his head in confusion. I enjoyed your story and am looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Aarushi,

    I really enjoyed looking at your portfolio, and the colors you used really made it that much better. The photo you used really matches what you are trying to portray throughout the story. I also thought it was brilliant that you decided to have the characters living in quarantine. I think all of us are able to relate to the story in someway, which makes it even better to read. I thought the story told from Ganesha's point of view was really interesting, and added great detail and imagery to each part. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Aarushi,

    I've read the story about Ganesha and thoroughly enjoyed it, however, yours contains so much more cleverness along with personality! I think it would be awesome if some of your future stories were able to add in stories of Ganesha and his brother. You do hint this in the introduction about them racing around the world for a mango, but you have me interested! I would love to know who wins, so I will be on the lookout for that story or any new addition you have to your storybook. Another think I enjoyed about your storybook was how you added in new details about our present day with quarantine and the pandemic. Again, it allows your story to be much more personable for the reader to relate to the stories overall. What if you make a story about how a loved one like Ganesha's mother or even brother gets COVID, and Ganesha must gather boons in order to heal them? Just suggestions! Good work Aarushi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Aarushi!

    First of all I think the setup of your storybook is so cute! The way you have your website formatted gives a good indication of what we are to expect with the stories! The colorful header and the photos help to narrate the story as well. I enjoyed how the story was told in dialogue instead of in third person from an outside perspective! You did a really nice job of making the reader feel included. It makes the readers feel very much part of the story. We are able to follow along with the story as a character who is able to understand what is happening with the characters throughout the story. The emotions we are given from each character is so helpful to making the story easy to follow and understand. I really like how you have included many pictures also it is really fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts